Established in 2015
The African Spinal Cord Injury Network (AFSCIN) was established in 2015 and has been officially affiliated with the International Spinal Cord Society (ISCOS) since 2016.
The network has at its very core the mission to improve the care and the quality of life for people sustaining a Spinal Cord Injury in Africa.
We strive to become a model for effective networking, training, exchange, collaboration and advocacy on the African Continent.
The governance of the African Network is overseen by an Executive Committee. The committee is elected at each network meeting.
The Executive Committee includes representatives from the medical, nursing and allied medical professions, hospital/health managers and persons living with spinal cord injury.
- Chairperson: Elma Burger
- Vice Chair: Salome Gitau
- Vice Chair: Sharon Masaka
- Treasurer: Francois Theron
- Secretary: Bylon Kondowe
- Southern African Spinal Cord Association
(SASCA) – www.sasca.org.za
- Asian Spinal Cord Network
(ASCON) - www.ascon.info
- International Spinal Cord Society
(ISCOS) - www.iscos.org.uk
- Praxis Spinal Cord Institute
- Ottobock - www.ottobock.com
- Livability - www.livability.org.uk
- Stoke Mandeville Spinal Charity